Pappula Podi Recipe:
AUTHENTIC ANDHRA PUTNALA PODI
Spice powders are the specialty of Andhra cuisine we proudly boast about it. We prepare powders with many kinds of lentils and pulses coupled with mild spiciness so i would like to introduce pappula podi is an Andra style recipe. A spoonful of podi serve along with south Indian breakfast recipes greatly contributes to the protein requirement for growing kids as well as adults too.
It is used in rice when both pickle and this recipe along with ghee for getting good taste as well as it reduces a little bit of spiciness in the pickle rice. This recipe is used side dish in upma, by spreading this podi on dosa while cooking it tastes so good also.
Each family have their own version of preparing podi recipes some one are also add peanuts into it, making this suit to taste. You could slightly adjust the garlic or red chilies depending on you and your family members taste.
- 1 1/2 cup Rosted channa dal
- 15 Red chillies
- 1/4 Dry coconut
- 5 or 6 Garlic cloves
- Required Salt
Preparation Steps of Pappula Podi Recipe
- Roast red chilies in a wide pan till nice aroma comes out. let it be cool
- Make roasted chana dal (roasted senagapappu) into a fine powder by grinding into a blender. Take this powder into a sifter and make into a fine smooth powder keep it a side.
- Now add red chilies, dry coconut, salt into a blender make into a fine powder. Now add chana dhal powder into it grind again.
- Finally add garlic cloves into the blender (by adding this cloves lastly by getting nice aroma for a long time) grind again and make into a fine powder.
- Store this putnala pappu powder in a air tight container.It may serves in upma, rice, dosa as you wish.