Karampodi Recipe or Idly Podi or Idli Gunn Powder:
Karampodi is famous recipe which is prepared in Andhra Pradesh and it is also called popularly as idly podi because it is so tasty and very spicy. Instead of chutney in idly, dosa, upma if you are using this powder its very tasty and yummy.
Once my friend came to my house she is a north Indian she don’t know about this podi i served this podi along with idly and ghee first she ate a bite with this and she started wiping her eyes due to spiciness later drank some water again she started having another bite and said wow !! what a taste but some what spicy it is so good to eat this combination. So friends all you try this tasty recipes.
- 20 pcs Red chillies
- 1/2 cup Urad dhal
- 1/2 cup Roasted chana dal
- 2 or 3 tbsp Coriander seeds
- Big sized lemon Tamarind
- 4 or 5 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup Curry leaves
- Required Salt
- 3-5 tbsp Oil
- 2 or 3 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 piece Dry coconut
Preparation Steps of Karampodi Recipe
- Heat oil in wide bottomed pan add red chilies fry for some time later add bengal gram, urad dhal mix until turns into golden brown in colour.
- Now add coriander seeds,cumin seeds stir continuously fry for sometime till aroma comes out finally add curry leaves,roasted bengal gram, tamarind fry till curry leaves become crispy.
- Turn off the flame keep aside let it to be cool. Cut dry coconut into small pieces.
- After take this whole mixture into a blender and also add salt into it grind coarse powder. Again grind the coarse powder by adding garlic cloves due to this getting nice aroma.
- Finally this coarse karampodi recipe is stored in air tight container due to this we don’t lost taste for a long time.