Minapappu Pachadi (Urad dal Chutney Recipe):
Minapappu Pachadi (Urad dhal chutney) is one of the most popular recipe in South India that can prepare easily particularly in Andra Pradesh and Telangana state. Even in both states urad dal chutney is most popular in Nellore district. In telugu it is called as minapa pachadi it is more tasty in rice along with ghee here i didn’t any sugar or jaggery if you want you may add a very little amount. You also here add coriander seeds it gets good taste also.
From my childhood i have and heard about this chutney, while having this minapappu pachadi i felt spicy and crunchy taste, due to frying it gets different taste when compared to remaining regular pickles and also it is an instant chutney this recipe don’t require any preservation process. In this way i eaten so many various types of chutney’s and pickles which my mom made. It is very easy to prepare and quick process also now-a-days every house wife prefer quick process due to their jobs. So all of try this recipe tell me your opinion as a comment.
- 1 cup Urad dhal
- 1 Onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Soaked Tamarind
- 2 or 3 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 piece Dry coconut
- 8 or 9 Red chillies
- 2 or 3 tbsp Oil
Preparation Steps of Minapappu Pachadi
- Soak tamarind in warm water, finely chop dry coconut and make onions into medium size pieces, keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a wide bottomed pan add red chilies, urad dhal fry it until raw smell went out now add cumin seeds, dry coconut pieces mix it well until urad dhal turns into golden brown in color.
- Switch off the flame and keep aside let it be cool for sometime. Later take these all fried ingredients into a blender grind into a coarse paste by adding little by little water.
- Add soaked tamarind, garlic cloves, required salt grind it . Now add onion pieces grind it again don’t blend too much because onions also mash too much. you have to see onion pieces in it.
- Now spicy urad dhal chutney or minapa pachadi is ready to serve in hot hot rice along with a dollop of ghee .It tastes so yummy, so good and even spicy also. Here are some of the tasty urad dal recipes.