Chenna Poda Recipe:
Chenna poda recipe is originated in Orissa located in eastern India , it is prepared with fresh home made cottage cheese that’s why it is also called as cottage cheese cake .It is generally having after our meal as a dessert and it is made with cheese so it is also called as cheese dessert recipe. It is one of dish in each and every sweet shop menu list in orissa. Now-a-days chenna poda recipe is spreads nearly across all over India mainly in big cities . Generally the preparation process of this recipe in other websites use microwave oven only they don’t tell without oven that’s why here i put the preparation process by using pressure cooker .
It is very simple and easy to cook but it takes more time to cook because of baking process . At first time i ate this recipe when my husband bring it from outside sweet shop it tastes so yummy…so delicious……..soo juicy….. also but it is so expensive in sweet shop that’s why i decided to prepare this recipe at home but i don’t have oven in my home so i want to cook this recipe by using pressure cooker and also it is similar to cake process but the difference is using chenna instead of plain flour. When i cook this Chenna Poda recipe at home my husband praises me a lot so guys all of you try this recipe and tell me your opinion as a comment good luck.
FOR PREPARING CHENNA
- 2 lit Milk
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
FOR MAKING CHENNA PODA
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Ilachi or Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Butter
- Required amount of Cashew, Badam, Pistha
Preparation of Chenna Poda Recipe
- Initially grease with butter to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Now we have to make chenna for that boil milk in an another bowl, keep on stirring by adding vinegar little by little with regular intervals of time into and put it on low flame .When you have to observe milk will be curdled or milk solids then switch off the flame.
- For straining curdled milk we have to place a cloth on an empty bowl ,now pour this curdled milk on it and went out all water by squeezing chenna. But be careful Chhena must be loose there is no need to tight.
- Transfer all chenna into a wide bowl add sooji or semolina , ½ cup sugar, dryfruits, ilachi powder, ghee, baking powder mix it well by hand or spoon.
- Now add another ½ cup sugar mix it well again. Transfer the entire mixture into a greased bowl garnish with dry fruits, keep it aside.
- Now we have pre-heat pressure cooker for 2 or 3 mins on high flame without whistle. Place entire mixture bowl in the pressure cooker cook it on low flame for 25 or 30 mins.
- Make sure whether chenna poda is cook well or not by inserting knife or tooth pick in the middle of the chhena poda if it comes out clean mean it’s done otherwise cook it for some more time.
- After completing cooking keep it on refrigerator for 3 or 4 hours then it is ready to serve yummy yummy….. delicious chenna poda recipe.