Pulusu Biyyam Recipe
Pulusu biyyam is also called as tamarind bath and it is famous in south india those who loves rice varieties but it is slight different from tamarind rice in taste as well as cooking process here we are roasted the rice and cook in tamarind water which is similar as pulusu upma this type of process gave different taste but in tamarind rice we boiled rice initially and mix with tamarind consistency due to this it gives different taste. This recipe casually prepare as breakfast also instead of night time dinner. Children likes a lot you may serve in their lunch boxes and it takes very less time to prepare.
- 1 cup Rice
- Lemon sized Tamarind
- Little Turmeric powder
- 5 Green chilies
- 1 tbsp Urad dhal
- 1 tbsp Gram dal
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds
- Curry leaves
- 3.5 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion
Preparation Steps of Pulusu Biyyam Recipe
- Take rice in a wide bottomed pan switch on the flame keep it low.Dry roast the rice slightly it starts looking white later keep aside let it be cool.
- Before we starting this recipe soak tamarind in 1/2 cup of water sometime extract the pulp from it .
- Heat oil in a bowl add jeera, Mustard seeds, Urad dal, garm dal roast till spluttering the mustard seeds now add curry leaves and green chilies roast it a little bit.
- Add onions into the same bowl fry for sometime until it turns into golden brown in colour.
- Now add 3 cups of water, 1/2 cup of tamarind pulp, salt to taste ,turmeric powder in it and keep on stirring till the water boil finally add roasted rice in it close the lid cook till 15 min.
- Until the water is absorbed and serve hot pulusu biyyam breakfast recipe.
Dec 27, 2015Kiranmai