Kaju Katli Recipe:
Kaju Katli or Kaju burfi is one of the most flavorful dish in India. Mainly in north India at the time of Diwali festival Kaju barfi gives as a gift to their relatives and also in every house they offering this sweet to guests . It is also available in each and every sweet shop in India but i prefer home made so i didn’t bought from shop that’s why i prepare this recipe in my house. It takes very less ingredients and takes less time also. Preparation of kaju katli is some what hard who has don’t know the cooking techniques because taste and shape depends up on the sugar syrup, cashew nut powder so i mentioned here very specifically, after seeing my recipe blog beginners also can easily understand this recipe and cook it very well. Kids are also likes this recipe a lot and it is very nutritious sweet because it is very high in calcium but be careful don’t eat too much there is a chance to increase our cholesterol levels but it is very good for health mainly for children. Here i am not using varak or silver foil as a decoration because it is very harmful to our health.
A the first time i prepared this recipe after searching recipe blogs but no one mentioned clearly about this sugar syrup and cashew nut powder so be careful guys at the time of cooking , prepare it well enjoy a lot with your friends and family.
- At the time flattening the cashew nut dough you may also use butter paper due to this avoid sticking of dough to the rolling pin
- 1 cup Cashews
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ilachi or Cardamom powder
- Little amount of Water
Preparation Steps of Kaju Katli:
- Initially take a blender add cashews grind it coarsely don’t grind powder too much because oil comes out due to this powder becomes sticky. keep it aside.
- Grease ghee to a plate and keep it aside.
- Now place a heavy bottomed wide pan on a stove add sugar and little amount of water cook it on a medium flame. You keep on stirring until sugar dissolves completely and the syrup becomes sticky looks like thick. But be careful don’t cook too much there is a chance syrup turns into string consistency due to this burfi becomes hard.
- Now add cashew nut powder into the sugar syrup stir it continuously on low fame and also with out creating any lumps. Finally the whole mixture starts thickening and turn into a big single lump.
- Now place this entire mixture on a greased plat, by using rolling pin flatten the entire mixture cut into pieces what ever shape you want. let it be cool and keep aside.
- Now serve yummy delicious cashew nut sweet Kaju Burfi and enjoy a lot.