- Servings : 3-4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Ven pongal is a famous recipe in south India mainly in tamilnadu.It is prepared mainly as breakfast and also to offer god at he time of doing pooja also used in temples as prasadam.
In Ven pongal recipe we are using moong dhal(green gram) is very nutritious to our health it contains low calories so by using this reduction of weight is happens, increase your hair, glows your skin because of eating moong dhal daily in any way like take as breakfast, snacks at evening time.So guys all of you try this recipe live life with good health.
My husband is a big fan of this recipe at least weekly once i did this recipe. so i wish all of you try this recipe good luck guys…..!!!
- Rice – 1/2 cup
- Moong dal – 1/2 cup
- Water – 3 cups
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Urad dhal – 1 tbsp
- Chana dhal – 2 tbsp
- Red chili – 2
- Oil – 3 or 4 tbsp
- Hing( Asafoetida)
- Curry leaves
- Ginger, Cashews, Pepper powder, Salt, Ghee as you required
Preparation Steps of Ven Pongal Recipe
- Take both rice, moong dhal into the (here i am using 3 lit cooker) cooker wash with water thrice later pour 3 cups of water into it close the lid soak for sometime.
- Later switch on the stove under the cooker. Cook on low flame till 3-4 whistles keep aside.Let it be cool.
- After sometime open the lid mash the consistency till it becomes a smooth paste if you add some hot water for getting good consistency and required salt also add into it keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan add red chili, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, cashews, ginger, pepper powder fry from sometime till splutter the mustard seeds now add curry leaves, hing pour this mixture into the cooker and mix well.
- Serve with hot ghee, chutney or sambar or pulusu recipe.