Uggani is a regional recipe in Andra pradesh mainly in rayalaseema It has so many names like Puffed rice snack, Borugula upma, Maramaralu upma, Buggani, Vuggani. It is very easy to prepare and takes very less time and is good at the time of having breakfast or evening snacks. Depending upon home members taste variations are happened in this recipe because some people also like to add tomatoes in this recipe but few people don’t like to have so depending upon your taste what ever you want to add it.
Uggani is very light to our body and it is good while having at winter , rainy seasons along with hot hot tea, chai or mirchi bujji and feels so tasty and yummy, spicy, little bit of tanginess my mouth watering while iam saying about this borugula upma or uggani .
At first time i ate this recipe when iam visiting to one of my friend marriage she is in Chittoor there i ate this recipe and i felt soooo tasty and know the preparation method later i came to my house try this recipe my family members are also felt the same thing that’s why i am posting this recipe in my blog so guys all of you try this recipe and tell me your opinion as a comment.
- Puffed rice-2 cups
- Pappula podi (for this podi refer podi varieties page in my blog) – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Green chilies-3
- chana dhal-1 tbsp
- Urad dhal-1 tbsp
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/4 tbsp
- Curry leaves
Preparation Steps of Uggani Recipe:-
- Initially take water in a bowl add puffed rice in it after dipping entire puffed rice immediately take them out squeeze water don’t squeeze too much. keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in a wide bottomed pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana dhal, urad dhal stir it until mustard seeds spluttering add curry leaves , green chilies mix it well .
- Now add onions again stir and saute it, add salt to taste , turmeric powder .
- Add puffed rice what we prepare before stir it now add pappula podi (for pappula podi refer our podi varieties page in my website) mix it again .Finally add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot hot uggani and enjoy a lot .