- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
This type of recipe is very easy to prepare with in a less time and it requires less ingredients easy to cook. It is very useful for both husband and wife are employees because it is instant idli, quick process.
From my childhood i use to have Upma regularly but eat idly rarely. After marriage my husband always show enthusiasm to take idli’s or dosa’s because i prepared regularly idli’s or dosa’s by preparing these daily i’m got bored. Sometimes preparing different breakfast when its getting late. So this problem said to my mother-in-law she said about this recipe later i came back to my home i try this recipe my husband ate praised me a lot then i felt very happy.
- Semiya (vermicelli) – 1/2 cup
- Rava (sooji or semolina) -1 cup
- Curd – 3 cups
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Chana dhal(bengal gram dhal)-1 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Red chilies – 2
- Green chilies – 4
- Curry leaves
- cashew nuts and salt as you required
Steps of Making Semolina vermicelli idly
- Heat oil in wide bottomed pan add cashews(make into small pieces) fry for sometime on a low flame.
- Now add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,red chilies, Channa dal, urad dal,cashew nuts after spluttering the mustard add curry leaves, green chilies fry for sometime.
- Now add vermicelli fry for sometime if it turns transparent now add sooji cook sometime till whole consistency turns into golden brown colour switch off the flame.
- Add curd into it immediately mix well now let it be cool for sometime.so keep aside.
- Now take the idli plates grease with oil or ghee as u may wish. For preparing sooji vermicelli idli we need to ready idli cooker so pour some water into the idli cooker till it boiling.
- Now take batter add required salt mix well and pour the batter about a ladle full on each idli mold. in this way fill all the idli moulds in all you required idli plates.
- When the water boiling in the cooker place these idli plates into the cooker now close the lid and put on high flame for about 10-12 minutes.
- Switch off the flame let it be cool before taking them out. Serve hot hot Idly with Chutney Varieties.
Note:- If you want to make chutney refer pickles and chutney’s in my recipes blog.