Ridge gourd skin chutney or Ridge gourd peel chutney is prepared by using peel or skin of the ridge gourd . If we cook any recipe by using ridge gourd we must peel it without throwing away this skin you must try this chutney . Commonly chutney’s or pachadi’s are most popular in South India and it is called as Beerakaya thokku pachadi in telugu .
Ridge Gourd (Beerakaya chutney Recipe) is very high in fibre content so it is very healthy because it is low in fat and cholesterol. We can cook also curry, pulusu, chutney, bajji’s also by using this ridge gourd.It is useful for husband and wife both are employees because this recipe takes less time to prepare early morning for your lunch boxes. It is also good in dosa or idly instead of regular chutney . From my childhood i have and heard about this chutney and my grandmother prepare this recipe when i was a kid she makes this chutney so tasty ….so yummy …..i ever forgot about this chutney so guys you also try this recipe and tell me your opinion as a comment.
- 1 cup Ridge gourd skin
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 7 or 8 Green chilies
- 4 or 5 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Onion
- 2 inches Tamarind
- Required Salt
Preparation steps of Ridge gourd skin Chutney
- Heat oil in a wide bottomed pan add ridge gourd skin fry for sometime keep aside let it be cool.
- Take tamarind soak for sometime in a small bowl.
- Take green chilies, Garlic, salt, turmeric powder, fried ridge gourd skin into a blender.
- Grind into a smooth paste later add big pieces of onion into it grind he mixture a little bit only do not mash the onion pieces completely.
- Finally serve spicy chutney with hot hot rice with ghee.