Broad beans spicy onion curry or Chikkudukaya Ulli Karan Recipe is most popular recipe in India mainly in Andhra Pradesh state and it is called as Chikkudu ulli karam(చిక్కుడు ఉల్లికారం కూర) in telugu. It is one of the traditional recipe in every house who lived in Andra pradesh, every one knows about this recipe. It takes very less time to prepare and easy to cook ,this broad beans curry is very good while having rice and also in chapathi’s, roti’s. It is very easy to prepare so it is more convenient to prepare this recipe when suddenly relatives are visiting our house.
It is very nutritious food because here we are using broad beans,onions are main ingredients due to this we reduce our cholesterol levels because broad beans are rich in fiber and usage of onions also gives good health condition. So this recipe is very good for health and you must serve this recipe to your kids also they also like this recipe a lot.
At first time i have this Chikkudu kaya ulli karam curry in my schooling when my grandmother cook this recipe and i felt so tasty later i know the process try it all of my family members praises me a lot. So guys all of you try this old type curry’s and get good health.
- Broad beans (chikkudukyalu) – 1/2 kg
- Chopped onions – 3
- Green chilies – 2
- Red chilies – 2
- Cumin powder -1 tsp
- Tamarind-medium size lemon
- Salt to taste
- Required amount of red chilli powder
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Coriander leaves
- Oil-2 or 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
- Urad dhal-1 tsp
- Chana dhal-1tsp
- Curry leaves
- Make onions into pieces, boil broad beans (chikkudu kayalu) add little bit of salt and turmeric powder while boiling ad drain it keep them a side.
- Take onions , garlic cloves , cumin seeds, red chilies ,tamarind into a blender and make smooth paste , keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add chana dhal , urad dhal , mustard seeds , cumin seeds fry it till mustard seeds spluttering now add curry leaves, green chilies stir it .
- Now add paste when we prepared before and also add turmeric powder stir it continuously until raw smell goes away , later we add boiled chikkudu kaya mix it well .
- Now add salt to taste mix it again switch off the flame .
- Serve this spicy broad beans curry by garnishing with coriander leaves and it is good while having along with rice .