Bottle gourd with milk recipe takes very less time to prepare and quick process also .
It is very nutritious recipe because here we are using bottle gourd and milk. Bottle gourd is very good diet for who are trying to reduce their body weight and milk is high in calcium levels make favor for our bones. So this recipe not only a tasty curry but also nutritious food. So we often prepare this recipe at least once in a week .
In last month i visited to my hometown and asked my grandmother to prepare different recipe by using bottle gourd so she prepared this bottle gourd curry with milk after having this recipe i felt so yummy later i prepared Anapakaya pala kura recipe in my home and my husband also feel so tasty that’s why i’m posting this recipe in my blog.
- Bottle gourd pieces – 1 cup
- Milk-1 cup
- Green chilies-3
- Turmeric powder -1 pinch
- Salt to taste
- Rice flour- 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder -1 tbsp
- Little bit of sugar
- Coriander leaves
For tempering :-
- Oil- 2 or 3 tbsp
- Chana dhal-1 tbsp
- Urad dhal -1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Red chilies -2
Preparation Step of Bottle gourd Milk Curry:-
- Make bottle gourd into pieces boil them by adding a pinch of salt and keep it aside. Take rice flour in a another bowl and add water or milk mix it well without any lumps keep it aside .
- Heat oil in a wide bottomed pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana dhal , urad dhal , red chilies fry it till mustard seeds spluttering add curry leaves , green chilies stir it.
- Now add boiled bottle gourd pieces, turmeric powder, salt mix it well now add rice flour mixture what we prepare before stir it for a while .
- Add milk again mix it now add little bit of sugar keep on stirring until the consistency become thick finally add coriander powder , coriander leaves . Now switch off the flame .
- Serve this tasty curry by garnishing with coriander leaves and it is good while having in rice and also in chapathi’s , roti’s .