- Serves 3
Rava laddu is a tradition Maharastrian recipe. Now-a-days everybody knows about this recipe in India. It is very easy and also requires very less time to prepare this recipe.There is no need to make any sugar syrup and also requires very less ingredients. Children’s also like this recipe a lot.This ladoo is also put as a prasadam in front of god during festivals mainly at the time of Diwali. I got so many requests for posting rava laddu recipe that’s why i post this recipe it just took me about 20 min to cook the ladoo mixture.
Here we are using coconut also due to this it helps for digestion because it is high in fiber content .It lower the cholesterol levels also.So rava ladoo is very healthy and hygienic. So guys try this ladoo at your home tell me your opinion as a comment.
- 1 cup Sooji or Bombay rava
- 1 1/2 cup Grated Coconut
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ilachi or Cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup Cashews
Preparation steps of Rava Laddo Recipe
- Heat ghee in a wide bottomed pan. Add cashews fry it on a low flame till it turns golden brown in color and keep it aside.
- Now add sooji or semolina or rava and roast on a low flame until it smell’s good it has to turn crunchy as well.
- Add grated coconut into it stir continuously till it raw smell disappears. Now add sugar and ilachi(cardamom) powder mix well till sugar starts melting (but not completely sugar melts). Switch off the flame.
- Transfer fried cashews into the rava mixture mix well. Start to make small portions of mixture into golf sized balls (there is need to add ghee if balls are break).
- Serve these rava laddu after at least half an hour. It may be stored in air tight container for about 5 days.