Tamarind Upma Preparation Steps
Pulusu Upma (Tamarind Upma) is a little tangy which is done with broken rice, spicy to taste which is quite different taste when compared to regular upma and it is a Andhra style breakfast recipes. It is most popular mainly in nellore district . If any one planning for day outing or picnic it can be preserved 2 or 3 days and is very helpful as a meal.
I did this type of upma regularly and my family members also likes a lot this recipe. After my marriage i ate this upma for the first time it tastes so good and yummy.. ! children’s also like this recipe a lot and even serve in lunch boxes also. It is very easy to prepare this recipe and it takes very less time to cook this recipe.
- 1 cup Rice rava
- 3 cups Water
- required Salt
- 1 large lemon sized Soaked Tamarind
- 1 Onion
- For tempering
- 2 or 3 Green chilies
- 1 tbsp Chana dhal
- 1 tbsp Urad dhal
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tbsp Cumin seeds
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric powder
Steps for Making Pulusu Upma Recipe
- Soak tamarind in 3 cups of water before 1 hr later extract the juice from it keep aside. Make onions, green chillies into long pieces.
- Heat oil in a wide thick bottomed pan add chana dhal, urad dhal, cumin seeds,mustard seeds fry for sometime till sizzling the mustard seeds now add curry leaves.
- Add onions and green chilies fry till the onions turns into transparent now add tamarind juice into it.
- Add turmeric powder, salt to taste as you required. Boil the water till bubbles are coming out now add rice rava into it.
- Keep on stirring till it becomes tight and also evaporates the whole water. Keep on low flame for 5 mins.
- Serve hot hot pulusu upma with pappula podi (how to prepare pappula podi is shown in podi varieties).