Pav bhaji recipe | Mumbai style pav bhaji recipe-easy step by step preparation process of mumbai famous street food pav bhaji recipe. Pav bhaji recipe is first originated in mumbai as a fast lunch for textile workers. Later this recipe is spread entire city restaurants now it is served as from road side street food to restaurants in all over india. This recipe is very nutritious food because here we are used lot of veggies by adding some flavorful powders for getting good taste and nice aroma, veggies are optional what ever vegetables are available in your home you can prepare this pavbhaji recipe by using those vegetables for example here iam adding carrot instead of this you may add beetroot or cauliflower and so on what vegetables you have in your house. Now it is one of the most famous street style recipe in india because it is very nutritious and also it can easily full our stomach by having only one plate of pavbhaji.
It is very easy to prepare this recipe and one of the most flavourful street food in india now-a-days. It is very good for health mainly for kids because it is a combination of lot of veggies, also we are using very less amount of oil so they like this recips a lot, for adults also it is very good for their health. I prepare this pavbhaji recipe atleast once for 2 weeks so everyone try this recipe tell me your opinion as a comments
- Chopped Tomatoes-2 cups
- Boiled green Peas-1/4 cup
- Boiled Carrot-1/4 cup
- Finely chopped Capsicum-1/2 cup
- Finely chopped Onion-1/2 Cup
- Boiled & mashed Potatoes-3 cups
- Gingergarlic paste-1/4 cup
- Coriander powder-1 tbsp
- cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Lemon juice-1 tsp
- Required amount of coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Butter-5 to 6 tbsp
- red chilli paste-1/3 cup
- turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- pav bhaji masala-3 tbsp
- Hot water-200 to 300 ml
- Take potatoes, green peas, carrot wash and boil it, keep them aside. Finely chopp oninons, capsicum, tomatoes keep all of them aside.
- Mash boiled potatoes, make boiled carrot into pieces keep it aside. Now heat 2 tbspn of oil in a wide bottomed pan later add 3 tbsp of butter, add jeera or cumin seeds fry it after add finely chopped onions cook until it turns into golden brown in colour.
- Add kashmiri red chilli paste, gingergarlic paste cook it until oil separates now add finely chopped capsicum cook it for sometime later add boiled green peas,boiled carrot, mashed potatoes, chopped tomatoes, coriander powder, turmeric powder,pav bhaji masala powder mix and mash it well by using masher or a laddle. Cook it for another 10 mins.
- Add salt to taste,fresh coriander leaves, hot water in it mix and mash again later add lemon juice, coriander leaves, 2 to 3 tbsp butter. Cook it fpr sometime. Later switch off the flame.
- Now heat butter in a pan add pavbhaji masala powder,coriander leaves mix it now take pav fry slightly in the butter pavbhaji powder mixture.Now take it out pav into a serving plate.
- Serve hot hot pav bhaji, pavbhaji curry along with finely chopped onions, a piece of lemon hmmm…..sooo…yummy……