Paneer dum Biriyani Recipe
Paneer biriyani or Paneer dum biriyani is one of the best rice variety recipe loves every one in India. Here i show dum type biriyani but i didn’t cover the lid tightly at the last step because i cooked less quantity of rice if you cooked more quantity put chapathi dough at the top border of the bowl later you put lid then it will be tight. Now in each and every restaurants paneer biriyani is must be include in their menus even non-vegetarians also like this recipe . It takes very easy and quick process but be careful at the time of boiling rice if water content may be more it becomes fluffy and also take care when we put layers in the bowl because it heats too much then it lost the taste. There is no need to use more veggies i used only fried onions, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic here i marinated paneer cubes in curd i put layers along with boiled rice so i didn’t cooked any gravy before .
It is in Karachi style of making Hyderabad biriyani in this method we didn’t cooked meat or paneer separately , here we cooked marinated Paneer layered along with partially boiled basmathi rice due to this it gets good tasty yummy paneer biriyani. so guys all of you try this Paneer biriyani and write your opinion.
- 1 cup Paneer
- 1 cup Basmathi rice
- 1/2 cup Fried onions
- 1 tsp Gingergarlic paste
- 1/2 cup Curd
- Masala spices
- 1 Biriyani leaf
- Required amount Salt
- Required amount Red chilli powder
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 3 Green chilies
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 2 or 3 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Oil
Preparation Steps of Paneer Dum Biriyani Recipe
- Wash or rinse basmathi rice twice or thrice and keep aside. Heat oil in a wide bottomed pan add finely chopped onions fry it until it turns golden brown in colour and keep aside.
- Now take a wide bowl add curd, required amount of salt, green chilies, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, coriander leaves, ginger garlic paste, fried onions, lemon juice, 2tbsp of oilmix it well, add paneer cubes into it mix it carefully without breaking paneer cubes. keep it aside till 30 mins for marination.
- Take 2 cups of water in a bowl add biriyani leaf, masala spices, 2 tbsp of oil cook it on medium flame after boiling water add soaked basmathi rice. The rice grains must be cooked until they done 75% or 3/4 th, drain water from rice keep aside.
- Now take an another thick bottomed bowl add marinated paneer as a layer by spreading with spoon, now add boiled basmathi rice as a layer garnish with fried onions coriander leaves also add little amount of water close the lid tightly cook it on high flame for 4 mins and later put it on low flame for 12 or 15 mins now switch off the flame.
- Serve hot hot yummy dum paneer biriyani along with ritha or any gravy curry.