Drumstick curry with milk is an Andhra style recipes and Mulakkaya palu koora is called in telugu. It tastes so yummy because here we are using milk. From my childhood i have and heard about this drumstick curry and it is most popular dish in Andhra weddings. Here i am using home made karapodi for this podi refer in my website podi varieties page, we are adding all spices while we are preparing this karapodi due to by adding this podi in this recipe gets good taste to this drumstick curry .
Here we are using drumstick as main ingredient due to this there is a lot of health benefits is like good for digestion, protect against infections, good for pregnant ladies and also lowers blood sugar levels in this way many more health benefits due to this drumstick . So guys all of you try this recipe and tell me your opinion as a comment.
- 1 cup Drumstick
- 1/2 cup Tomato
- 1 cup Onion
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Karappodi
- Required Salt
- 2 or 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Urad dhal
- 1 tbsp Chana dhal
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Red chillies
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
Preparation Steps of Mulakkaya palu koora
- Wash and chop onions , tomatoes into small pieces. Cut drumstick into 2 1/2 inches length and wash them, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wide bottomed pan on low flame add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, urad dal, Chana dal, red chilies fry it till mustard seeds spluttered now add curry leaves stir it.
- Add onions, drumstick mix it well until onions turns into transparent now add tomatoes . keep on stirring until tomatoes become soft.
- Now add milk mix it well, add require amount of salt, karapodi , turmeric powder stir it and close the lid.
- Mix it at regular intervals of time and check regularly drumstick cook properly or not . If it is not cook well even milk is evaporated you may add little bit of water also.
- After drumsticks are cooked well switch off the flame garnish with coriander leaves. Serve this hot yummy drumstick curry with rice along with a dollop of ghee.