Methi leaves chutney is very healthy hygienic recipe because it helps lower type-1, type-2 diabetes along with lowering the level of cholesterol and triglyceride in our body. Another health benefit of fenugreek leaves is that they aid in digestion and will help to cure iron deficiency also it cures digestive disorders . By using this leaves we cook dhal recipes, rice varieties in Andhra cuisine and also prepare north Indian dishes like aalo methi curry.etc . Here we are using fenugreek leaves as main ingredient due to this it becomes very healthy.
Fenugreek leaves chutney is called as methi chutney in hindi, menthakku pachadi in telugu at home. This chutney is very good taste well with rice varieties or any breakfast recipes like idly, dosa and utthapam. So all are try this recipe and post your opinions as a comment.
- 1 cup Methi leaves
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 or 3 tbsp Peanuts
- 1/2 lemon size Soaked Tamarind
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 5 or 6 Green chilies
- 2 or 3 Garlic cloves
- Required Salt
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Chana dhal
- 1 tbsp Urad dhal
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- 2 0r 3 tbsp Oil
Preperation Steps of Methi Chutney
- First pluck the leaves take it into a bowl filled with water also add some salt into it leave it for 10 mins due to this mud or dirt settles down. Now soak tamarind keep them aside.
- Dry roast peanuts in a wide bottomed pan and keep aside. Heat oil in the same pan add methi leaves and add coriander leaves also fry until them wilt off keep aside.Let it be cool along with peanuts.
- Blend peanuts,sesame seeds make into a fine powder now add methi leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, soaked tamarind, garlic, salt to taste into the same blender make into a fine paste. Now add onions turn into a bowl keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add chana dal, urad dhal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds fry for sometime while spluttering the mustard seeds now add curry leaves turn this mixture into a menthi chutney containing bowl mix well.
- Serve this spicy methi chutney in hot hot rice along with dollop of ghee, this chutney is also very tasty in dosa, Chapathi.
Jun 5, 2016Kiranmai