Masala Vada Recipe | Masala Vadai | Paruppu Vadai | Chattambade Recipe- learn how to prepare crispy spicy south indian chana dal recipe. It is one of the most popular south indian tea time snack now it places this paruppu vadai in the street food menu. Here i introduce a regular masala vadai but if you want to taste differently add some more spice powders like garam masala powder, cumin powder etc. You may also add finely chopped veggies for getting various taste.
Generally i served this chattambade recipe as a tea time snack to my family even kids also like this recipe a lot due to its crispyness, spicyness. Here even i am deep frying the chana dal paste but it is very healthy because i am using chana dal as a main ingredient as we all of us know the health benefits in bengal gram. You may also add different lentils if you feel taste variously.
I prefer this recipe atleast twice or thrice in a month from my chilhood my mom prepared this recipe at the festivals or functions or when guests may visit to my house, i like this masala vada recipe a lot it is one of my favorite recipe from my childhood, i never forget the taste of this masala vada. If you want to observe some more snack varieties in my blog. So everyone try this recipe and tell me your opinions as a comments
Chana Dal-1 cup
Red Chilli Powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Require amount of curry leaves, coriander leaves
- Initially wash and soak chana dal, later chop onions finely. Keep both aside.
- Now take a blender add soaked chana dal, ginger pieces, green chilies, salt to taste. Grind paste into coarsely.
- Transfer coarse paste into a mixing bowl add finely chopped onions, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, curry leaves, coriander leaves mix it well.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a wide bottomed pan now take a handful of paste make a ball later slightly flatten. Add flatten doughs in deep frying pan stir it occasionally and cook it on medium flame till vada turns into golden brown in colour. Take out those vadas.
- Serve these hot hot crispy spicy masala vadas as a evening snack.