Masala Vada recipe is most popular in south India and it is served as snacks in the evening time. Nowadays it serves as street foods and tiffin centers in the evening hours. Here I showed a basic version of Masala vada from my I knew this recipe and it is one of my loved snacks, even your kids are like this recipe and it is very healthy for kids. It helps for childrens growth because here we are using bengal gram to prepare masala vada recipe .
I know this recipe from my childhood and also it is one of my favourite snack. Generally my mother is prepared at festival time or any other occasion in my house.
So everyone must try this yummy…crispy….evening snack Masala Vada recipe and tell me your opinion as comments.
- Dough must be coarse paste. Check while making vada it is properly came or not. If vada is not come properly take some amount of dough into a blender and smooth paste. Later again add to the previously made dough and mix it well.
- Cook it on low or medium flame. Don’t cook on high flame it is not cooked well.
- While deep frying when the flatten masala vada is added in oil don’t disturb immediately it may break.
Ingredients for Masala Vada:-
- Oil for deep frying
- Chana dal/ Bengal gram- 1cup
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Ginger- 1 1/2 inch
- Onion- 1 (medium-sized)
- Curry leaves (optional)
- coriander leaves(optional)
- Green Chilies- 2 or 3
- Salt as required
Steps to Prepare Masala Vada
- Wash chana dal thoroughly once or twice. Later soak Bengal gram for 2 to 3 hrs.
- After soaking drain chana dal and take it into a blender and also add ginger, green chilies, cumin seeds, required amount of salt.
- Grind it into a coarse paste. Don’t crush too much we must see some uncrushed chana dal.
- Now transfer the dough into a wide bowl. later add finely chopped curry leaves, coriander leaves, onions mix it well.
- Actually dough doesn’t require any water. Take a spoonful of dough to check it binds properly or not.
- If it does not bind properly take some amount dough from it again grind into a smooth paste. later mix this smooth paste into a coarse paste what we prepare before. Mix it well.
- Now apply oil or water to your hands take a spoonful of dough make a ball later flatten like vada on your hands.
- Make all the dough into flattening vada on your palm.
- Heat oil for deep frying, while heating oil add those 3 or 4 flatten vadas at a time in it. Don’t move vadas immediately it may break.
- Cook it on low or medium flame until it turns golden brown in color.
- Transfer those masala vadas on a plate. Repeat the process for remaining dough and fry it in regular batches.
- Serve hot hot Masala Vada as an evening snack.