Masala idli fries is a recipe which is good to have at evening snacks time. Mainly kids are must love this recipe because of its crunchiness, spicyness. After eating this idli fries you felt french fries taste is nothing.
Here I used morning leftover Idlies for evening snacks otherwise if you want fresh idlies you may cook at the time to prepare this recipe.
- While deep frying don’t add Idli pieces until the oil is hear.
- Must cook idlies on medium flame only , don’t cook on high flame it may be spoil.
- At the time of deep frying Idli is sticking to the pan so don’t move idlies immediately. You have to wait for sometime until you observe colour changing in idlies.
- If you move idlies immediately it may break down and also some idlies stick to the pan.
Ingredients for Idli Fries:-
- Idlies- 6
- Oil for deep fry
For Idli Masala powder:-
- Dry Red Chillies- 7 to 8
- Peanuts- 2 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Chana dal- 1 tbsp
- Rice- 1 tbsp
- Black pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Dry Coconut powder- 1tbsp
- Amchur powder- 1/2 tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida- 1 pinch
- Curry leaves- 2 springs
- Salt as required
Steps to Prepare Masala Idli Fries:-
- Take let over idlies and cut like potato wedges. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil for deep fry in a wide bottomed pan then add Idli pieces, fry it on medium flame until it turns into golden colour. Later keep them aside.
- Now dry roast dry red chilies, peanuts, chana dal, urad dal, rice on low flame until you get a nice aroma.
- After add black pepper, dry coconut powder, amchur powder, hing, curry leaves mix it well for a e minutes. Later switch off the flame l, keep aside let it be cool. After grind into a fine powder by adding required amount of salt.
- Now mix masala powder and Idli Fries well then masala idli fries is ready to serve.