Lapsi Sweet Maharastra Style
Lapsi is a Maharastra special sweet recipe. Many people can prepare this lapsi sweet here i am using cow milk instead of milk you may also use water or coconut milk. Here you can also add cinnamon powder along with cardamom powder then it gives a different taste.
This recipe is perfect for prasadam, all of you must try this recipe when you want to have sweet or any festival time. Actually this prasadam likes lord surya bhagavan. If you want for good health or for eyesight problems or for good intellect, you must prepare this lapsi sweet on Sunday at the sunrise time after chanting Aditya hrudhayam and put this recipe as prasadam to Lord Surya Bhagavan, you will do this pooja for 7 weeks continuously for getting good results.
For getting the good taste you must follow these steps and quantities. So everybody must try this recipe and tell me your opinion as comments.
Ingredients for Lapsi recipe:-
- Wheat Rava- 1/2 cup
- Moong Daal-2 tbsp
- Water-1/2 cup
- Jaggery- 1/2 cup
- Milk or Water- 2 Cups
- Cardamom powder- 1 tsp
- Ghee- 1/2 cup
- Cashews- 2 tbsp
- Dry Roast Wheat Rava in a wide-bottomed pan until aroma comes out.
- Later dry roast moong dal and keep aside.
- For jaggery syrup add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup jaggery cook until 2 times boils come. Then switch off the flame and keep aside.
- Take 2 cups of milk or water in another bowl but here i am using milk. After boiling milk add what we pre-roasted wheat rava and moong dal. Cook on low or medium flame.
- Once wheat rava cooked well then mix pre-made jaggery syrup into it. Cook on low flame
- Add 2 tbsp of ghee and cardamom powder cook until it becomes tight.
- In the meantime take remaining ghee in another pan add cashews, raisins (optional). Later mix cashews along with ghee in lapsi sweet.
- Finally lapsi sweet is ready to serve.