- 15 mins
- Serves 3
Fried idli is most popular in Nellore district in Andra Pradesh state and in telugu it is called as chiyali. It is very easy to prepare, it takes very less time and it requires very less ingredients also. Idlis which are leftover in morning breakfast may also utilized for preparing this fried idly. It plays as a snack item in the evening mainly kids are like this recipe a lot because of its tanginess and spiciness also in between we have crunchy crunchy pulses.
Indeed, even it names as a fried idli it requires very less oil and it is not harmful to our health, here idly is very good for health because it brings fat or cholesterol down to our body. After my marriage my mother-in-law cooked this recipe i tasted it at the first time and felt very tasty then i know the process, later i tried this recipe in my home and my husband also praises me a lot so guys you are all also try this recipe and give me your comments.
- Lemon sized Soaked Tamarind
- 3 or 4 Idly or Idli
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp Karappodi or spicy powder for idli
- 2 pinches Turmeric powder
- Required Salt
- 1 Red chillies
- 1 tbsp Chana dhal
- 1 tbsp Urad dhal
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Green chilies
- 2or3 tbsp Oil
- Curry leaves
Preparation Steps of Idli Chiyali
- Initially make idly into medium pieces and finely chop onions, green Chilies and keep them aside. Soak tamarind in very little bit of water(nearly 3/4 tea cup water) for 20 mins and keep it aside.
- Squeeze tamarind and extract juice from it and keep it aside. Now switch on the flame heat oil on a wide bottomed pan add chana dhal, Urad dhal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilies fry it until mustard seeds spluttering now add curry leaves and green chilies again stir it.
- Add onions fry till raw smell is went out and onions become transparent now add tamarind juice, required salt, turmeric powder keep on stirring till the oil comes out from tamarind mixture.
- Now add idly pieces mix it well finally before switch off the flame add idly powder (podi) or karappodi (for karappodi preparation process refer podi varieties in my website) stir it again.
- Now switch off the flame and it is ready to serve hot hot fried idli.
Nov 27, 2016Kiranmai