Gulab Jamun Recipe
Gulab jamun is the most popular sweet variety in South Asia mainly in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh. Here i will show the process by using gulab jam mix powder which was obtained in supermarkets. So many people don’t know how to prepare by using gulab jamun by mix powder that’s why I am showing the entire process. It is a traditional sweet in India at the time of festivals in India it is put as a prasadam to God after people have this sweet mainly at Deepavali festival it is prepared. While melts soft, spongy gulab jamuns in our mouth gets delicious taste because of drenched jams in flavored sugar syrup.
It is very easy and quick recipes take less time to prepare and also require very fewer ingredients. Here I am using a little bit jaggery for getting a good taste.
- 1/2 kg Gulab jamoon powder mix
- 4 cups Sugar
- 6 cups Water
- Little bit jaggery
- 1/2 tbsp Ilachi or Cardamom powder
Preparation Steps of Gulab Jamoon
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, a little bit of jaggery for getting a good taste in a bowl.
- Add water also in the same bowl and switch on the flame. Keep it on high flame till the entire mixture dissolves. When the syrup comes to a rolling boiling, reduce the flame into the medium.
- Cook it until the syrup becomes sticky (but be careful don’t cook too much because there is a chance to convert into thread consistency). Sugar syrup is ready and switch off the flame and keep aside.
- Take gulab jamoon mix powder in a wide bowl. Mix powder by adding water little by little until it becomes smooth dough (consistency like Chapathi mix )if there is any crumbles or dry add some more water.
- Make require sized smooth balls by dividing the dough into equal parts by greasing your hands with ghee. But make sure that there is no crack in balls because while deep frying crack opens and oil will splutter on you. So make crack fewer balls.
- Heat oil in a wide-bottomed pan for deep frying. keep the flame on low for getting well-cooked balls. First, add a ball into the oil when it comes upward immediately without changing the color, oil is ready to fry.
- Now add remaining balls into it fry till it turns into golden brown in color. Add fried balls into the sugar syrup. Soak those jamoons for 2-3 hrs before serving.
- After increase the size of the balls double. It is ready to serve. If possible try this tasty Gulab jamoon recipe with carrot halwa or Ice cream. Its so yummy.