Tindoora curry or dondakaya iguru is nice delicious tasty curry and it is an Indian traditional curries mostly in south India this recipe is famous. It is semi dry recipe and is good while having plain rice, roti’s, chapathi’s, generally by using ivy gourd we prepare chutney, fry, curry, stuffed tindoora and so on mainly in Andra the usage of dondakaya is high, this recipe is cooked regularly at least once in a week in Andra homes. It may be prepared at the time of festivals or marriages, if suddenly some one of your friends or relatives may visit to your home this recipe is the better choice to prepare because it is easy quick process and takes less time to prepare. kids also like this recipe you cook exactly what i mentioned here then you will get good taste and nice flavor .
Here i boil ivy gourd separately in a bowl but you may cook in pressure cooker also while preparing rice you may place tindoora pieces on a rice bowl plate there is no need to pour water in pieces but mix turmeric powder and salt. Here i mentioned very easy and quick method even beginners also can easily cooked after seeing my blog so guys all of you try this recipe tell me your opinion.
- 1 cup Tindoora(Dondakaya)
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- Required amount of Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Required amount of Salt
- 1 tbsp Chana dhal
- 1 or 2 Red chillies
- 1 tbsp Urad dhal
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Curry leaves
- 2 or 3 tbsp Dry coconut powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
Making of tindoora fry
- Finely chopped tindoora, onion into long thin slices and keep them aside.
- Initially take chopped tindoora in a bowl add water, turmeric powder, salt cook it until tindoora (ivy gourd) pieces are cut when you press with your nails later drain water and keep it a side.
- Heat oil in a wide bottomed pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana dhal, urad dhal, red chilies stir it until mustard seeds will splutter now add curry leaves mix it add chopped onions stir it occasionally till onions become transparently.
- now add tindoora pieces in it mix it well add dry coconut powder, coriander powder, cumin powder stir it close the lid cook it on low flame for 2 mins now dd red chilli powder mix it well again.
- Switch off the flame and it is ready to serve the ivy gourd curry and it is good in rice.