- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 25m
Curd rice is also called Thayir Saadamin tamil, daddojanam in telugu is most likely in south India. It is easy to cook i surprised when i know about this recipe because requires mainly two ingredients only and it takes very less time. Mainly Hindus are used for put as prasadam to god. In summer season it is very healthy food recipe to avoid body dehydration.
- Boiled rice – 1 Cup
- Curd – 1/2 Cup
- Milk – 1/2 Cup , Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp, Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dhal – 1tsp , Gram dhal – 1 tsp
- Green chills – 2, Curry leaves
- Asafoetida – little pinch
- Ginger – 6 small bits
Preparation Steps of Curd Rice
- Wash rice thrice and pour required amount of water into it soak for at least 1/2 hr.
- Later take this soaked rice into cooker cook it till 3 or 4 whistles come let it be cool so keep aside. Take it to a bowl put aside.
- Now take oil into a wide pan add chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ginger fry sometime. When the mustard seeds spluttering add curry leaves,green chilies fry for sometime switch off the flame.
- Take this mixture into the rice bowl later add curd, salt into it mix well. Finally add some milk for getting good consistency.
- Finally garnish the delicious curd rice with coriander leaves serve with pickle (Avakaya).