Crispy Onion Pakoda
Crispy Onion Pakoda is also named as Crispy Onion Fritters, Onion pakoda, Onion pokara.This recipe is usually called as tea time snack because it is one of the most common snack recipe at evening time may have along with tea, it can be prepare in each and every home and also very popula street food in India . Mainly Kids are loving this recipe a lot due to its crunchiness and taste. Onion pakoda should take very less time and easy to prepare also, if suddenly any relatives or friends may visited to your house this is the right snack to serve them because it takes less time to cook.
Crispy Onion Pakoda may rob your heart when you prepare this recipe what i mentioned below. For gettting more crispiness you may use one of these flours semolina, corn flour or rice flour. Here iam showing the preparation of basic onion pokara if you want try a different pokaras you may add veggies and cook vegetable pakoda like that …..so on… by changing flours also you get different fritters int hat way by varying small ingredients you will prepare various snack items.It is the right recipe to fit in rainy or winter season.
Some people prepare this pokaras by baking in oven instead of frying that’s different taste but if you want frying pakodas just follow my instructions what i mentioned below and enjoy this onion fritters along with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
I often prepare this recipe atleast twice or thrice in a week.It is very good recipe for growing children but this recipe is not good for adults because here we are deep frying and aslo we are using gram or besan flour due to this increasing cholesterol levels in our body so i suggest this recipe only once or twice in week for adults but taste wise it is so yummy….crispy…also. Generally this recipe may have as a side dish in our lunch also instead of papad .
- Onions-5 medium sized
- Besan flour-1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Rice flour-1/4
- Red chilli powder-1 tbsp
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- grated ginger-1 tsp
- coriander leaves as you required
- Wash and peel onions. Slice them thinly keep it aside. Chop coriander leaves, curry leaves, green chilies.
- Take a wide bowl add onions, salt, besan flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, grated ginger, coriander leaves nicely squeeze onions with your hand and rest this mixture up to 5 to 10 min due to this onions oozes out water content and then mix it again for getting crispyness i prepare like this .
- If require you may add little bit of water don’t add too much water.
- Heat oil for deep frying now now take a small amount of dough and make small pakodas drop it into the oil .Don’t add many pakodas at a time some space must have in between them for moving around.
- Stir it occasionally while cooking for even frying pakodas. Cook it till they becomes golden brown in colour later transfer to a absorbent tissue placed in a plate.
- Serve this hot hot crispy onion pakoda at snack time along with tea or coffee.