Cornflour halwa is also called as Karachi halwa or Bombay halwa. It is very easy to cook with very fewer ingredients and takes very less time to prepare, this recipe requires less amount of ghee also. In my childhood, my mom prepares this dish for my every birthday but I don’t know how to cook this halwa at that time after my marriage asked mom and know about the process of this recipe because my husband loves sweet a lot. So you also try this delightful Cornflour halwa and will take applauds from your husband.
- 1 cup Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 cups Milk
- 1 tbsp Ilachi or Cardamom powder
Steps for Making Cornflour Halwa
- Mix cornflour and milk without any lumps in a bowl and switch on the flame.
- Add Sugar into it stir continuously on a low flame till the bubbles are stop coming out.
- Take plate and apply a tbsp of ghee due to this the consistency will not stick to the plate.
- Finally the whole mixture turn into a ghee greased plate let it be cool.
- Once it cool down cut into pieces as you required shape and serve this Karachi Halwa.