Coriander Rice | Cilantro Rice | Kothimeera Rice | kothamalli rice- here i introduce a very tasty most flavourful coriander rice or kothimeera rice. It is very easy to prepare this recipe and easy to cook ,also takes very less time to prepare this recipe. It is very nutritious recipe because here we are using green leafy vegetables as main ingredient. Here i am using little bit of mint leaves also for increasing the taste of rice.If you want add some more veggies also then it becomes more nutritiousand it becomes coriander pulao. It is very good for health and easy to digest and it reduces high cholesterol levels, mainly for women to reduce menustral disorders, it stabalizes diabetes also reduces skin disorders and so on. So many dieases may avoid by using this coriander or cilantro.
Here i prepare green paste for mixing into rice and this paste may also preserve in fridge for later use. This preserved green paste you can mix with left over rice also in your house. This coriander paste may preserve for 2 to 3 days in fridge. Here you take equal amount of coriander(kothimeera) and pudina(mint).
Coriander rice is the right choice to serve as lunch box recipe to kids and also good as a breakfast recipe . They are also like to have this recipe a lot due its nice taste and nice aroma. I introduce so many rice varieties like vegetable pulao, Biriyani, Paneer dum Biriyani, Capsicum rice, lemon rice, tomato rice, mango rice etc if you try different rice varieties refer these recipes also in my blog. So everyone try this recipe tell me your opinions as comments.
Coriander leaves-1 cup
Mint Leaves-1 cup
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Salt to taste
Green Chilies-4 to 5
Cloves-3 to 5
Cardamom or ilachi -1 or 2
Cinnamon stick-1 inch
Oil-4 to 5 tbsp
- Wash coriander leaves(kothimeera), mint leaves(pudhina) and also wash, rinse rice later keep them aside.
- Add coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilies into a blender and grind it into a fine paste. keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in a 3 lit pressure cooker add cinnamon stick, powdered cardamom, cloves fry it until get a nice aroma.
- Now add gingergarlic paste,cashews mix it well later add coriander paste what we prepare before cook it well until raw smell went out. Later add water, soaked rice, salt, coriander powder mix it well close the lid cook it until 1 or 2 whistles.
- Now switch off the flame and ready to serve with ritha or any gravy curry.