- Servings : 1-2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
One day i went to one of my friend’s house. So she made carrot halwa for me then i ate sweet and felt it was so nice then i asked her how did you prepare this Gajar halwa she said to me later i came back to my house and try this carrot halwa. After my dad come to home i served this sweet he ate and said wow it is so delicious and yummy….
He praised me a lot. So guy’s your also try this sweet recipe it was so nice.
- Grated carrot – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Cardamom – 2 or 3
- Ghee & Dry fruits as you required
Preparation Steps of Gajar Halwa
- Initially peel and grate the carrots. Powder the cardamom.
- Later take a pan add 1 tbsp of ghee and dry fruits. Roast those dry fruits on a low flame until it turns into golden brown in color and keep them aside.
- Add another 1 or 2 tbsp of ghee in the same pan then add grated carrot into it cook on a low flame till it turns into pale colour.
- Add 1 cup of milk into it cook till milk evaporates.
- Now add 1 cup of sugar into it and stir continuously till the consistency becomes thick.
- Add 2 or 3 spoons of ghee and cardamom powder, roasted dry fruits into it close the lid 2-3 min for getting aroma
- Finally delicious carrot halwa or Gajar Halwa (Punjabi special sweet) is ready to serve.
Dec 18, 2015 indiantastyrecipes