Carrot fry is a very easy and quick recipe which it takes time to prepare under 20 min.I often make this recipe at least once or twice in a week because all of us know carrot is very rich in nutrients and vitamin A.It is very good recipe i am sharing because it is healthy and hygienic and also here i used less amount of oil due to this fat content also less. This dry coconut fry is very good while having white rice along with dollop of ghee and also good while eating rasam, sambar, dhal rice. It is a South Indian recipe.
For this carrot fry you also cook by adding moong dhal or chana dhal instead of onions that’s give a different taste. This recipe is right choice to fit for lunch boxes, children also like this recipe. This recipe can also prepare by using fresh coconut ,green chilies instead of dry coconut,red chilies.
Carrot fry is right choice when relatives suddenly visited to your house because it takes very less time to prepare and also easy to cook.According health this recipe is very nutritious, healthy and hygienic it can have both adults, kids and who are followed diet plan for reducing cholesterol levels they can also have this recipe.So every one may eat this carrot fry recipe so all of you must try this recipe and tell me your opinions as comments.
- Carrot-1 cup
- Onions-1 m
- edium sized
- Salt to taste
- Dry coconut powder-1 to 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder-1 tbsp
- Cumin powder-1 tbsp
- Garlic paste-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1tsp
- Red chilies
- Oil-2 to 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Urad dhal-1 tbsp
- Chana dhal-1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Initially take carrot , onion peel and wash it later make into small pieces,keep them aside.
- Boil carrot by adding little bit of salt keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan add red chilies, chana dhal, urad dhal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds fry it till mustard seeds splutter later add curry leaves,garlic paste mix it well.
- Add chopped onions fry it till they become transparent now add boiled carrot stir it.
- Add turmeric powder, salt stir it and then close the lid for 5 to 10 min.
- Open the lid add dry coconut powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder mix it well and again close the lid for 5 mins.
- Now switch off the flame and serve with hot hot rice along with dollop of ghee.