Broken wheat upma or cracked wheat upma is one of the best delicious yummy breakfast and every body knows about this recipe in India mainly in South-India this upma likes a lot, this broken wheat upma is called with different different names depending upon areas in Andra Pradesh it is called as godhuma rava upma, in tamil nadu it is known as samba ravai, in north-India called as dhalia and so on like that there so many names are there depending upon their relevant languages. It is more convenient for employees because this recipe takes very less time and easy to prepare, it can reduces hungry easily that’s why it is preferred in evening tiffen instead of meals kids also like this recipe a lot. It is very nutritious food because it is rich in fiber content helps to reduce cholesterol if you want to increase nutrients you may also add carrot, green peas whatever veggies may add in this upma .
In my childhood i know about this recipe at the first time i cooked this recipe in my teenage under the guidance of my mother and i enjoy the taste a lot due to crunchy veggies with soft soft broken wheat. Here i show easy step-by-step process even beginners also can easily cook this recipe so all of you try his recipe and tell me you opinion as a comment.
- 1 cup Broken wheat (or) wheat rava
- 2 cups Water
- 3 or 4 Green chilies
- 1 or 2 medium sized Tomatoes
- 2 Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- Coriander leaves
- 3 or 4 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 11/2 tbsp Chana dhal
- 1 tbsp Urad dhal
- Curry leaves
- Required amount of Cashews
Making process of Ivy Gourd curry
- Finely chop all veggies and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in thick wide bottomed pan or bowl add chana dhal, urad dhal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cashews fry it until mustard seeds splutter add green chilies, ginger mix it well.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes, onions stir it till it become saute.
- Add 2 cups of water and required amount of salt put it on high flame. While boiling water add a cup of broken wheat stir it continuously till it becomes tight.
- You have to take care while stirring because there is a chance to stick at the bottom of the pan .Now put it on low flame and close the lid mix it with regular intervals of time until nice aroma comes out.
- Now switch off the flame and add coriander leaves mix it again, godhuma rava upma is ready to serve along with chutney or karapodi with lemon.