Bendakaya gojju is a Karnataka recipe and in Kannada it is called badhenikaya gojju. It is a different type of ladies finger curry because here we prepare a masala paste which is quite various when compared to other ladies finger curry .
When we are living in Bangalore my neighbor gave me to taste it then I felt tastes differently and ask her how to prepare this recipe. later I tried in my house my family members also very happy after having this bendakaya gojju recipe and told me the same what I felt. This recipe taste is quite close to the bendakaya pulusu which is prepared in Andra Pradesh. you also must try this recipe and tell me your opinions as comments
- Bendakaya/ Ladies Finger- 250 gms
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Tamarind- 25 gms
- Curry leaves as you wish
- Hing / Asafoetida- 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt as required
- Jaggery- 3 tbsp
For Masala Paste Preparation:-
- soaked rice- 1/4 cup
- coconut- 1
- Cumin seeds- 2tbsp
- Coriander seeds- 1/4 cup
- Bangalore dry red chilies- 10
- Roasted chana dal- 1/2 cup
- Take ladies fingers should be thoroughly washed and each one cut into 2 pieces. Keep them aside.
- Soak tamarind in water for 30 minutes. Later squeeze it and make tamarind juice, keep it aside.
- For tempering pour oil in a wide-bottomed pan. While oil is heating add mustard seeds, after spluttering add curry leaves. Later add Hing / Asafoetida, turmeric powder.
- Later add ladies fingers into it mix it well, put the lid on and let it be cook for two minutes. Now pour the pre-made tamarind pulp into it. Later add salt to taste. Cook it on low by closing lid.
- Now take all the ingredients that I mention above for masala paste and make it into a fine paste.
- Add masala paste into a bowl in which we are cooking ladies fingers. Later add jaggery and water into it.
- Cook it on low flame for 10 minutes. Later it ready to serve.