Sweet Pongal is one of the most popular and traditional recipes in India mainly in South-India. While festivals this recipe must be prepared in each and every Indian house as a prasadam.In most of the websites told about chakkari pongal but the preparation process of chakkari pongal and sweet pongal is different.In chakkari pongal we cooked the rice separately later sugar or jaggery syrup but here I am adding jaggery directly in the same bowl by due to this slight change is happening.Actually the process of sweet Pongal is as what i showed in below.
It is one of the great recipe which includes both health and taste. This recipe is very healthy and hygienic because here we are adding jaggery all of us know it is very high in iron due to this hemoglobin levels increases in our body and also it is rich in carbohydrates also. I recommend this recipe at least once in a week. Taste-wise this recipe is good when i am talking about taste my mouth becomes watering it is soo yummy…. and so sweet while having this recipe sweetness in between crunchy cashews hmmm…
It is prepared daily in Tirupati temple as a prasadam and also in every temple, this recipe is prepared. Here we use chana dhal instead of moong dhal also.So, guys, everybody try this recipe at the time of festivals and also cook regularly in your house at least once in a week….tell me your opinions as a comment.
- Raw Rice-1 cup
- Moong Dhal-1/2 cup
- Grated Jaggery-1 1/2 cup
- Water-3 1/2 cups
- Milk-1 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
- Cashews and raisins require amount
- Ghee- 4 to 5 tbsp
- Initially wash and rinse rice and moong dhal keeps it aside.
- Heat ghee in a wide-bottomed pan adds cashews and raisins fry it until they turn golden brown in colour keep it aside.
- Now take a bowl to add water what I mentioned above later add washed rice and moong dhal close the lid.
- Stir at regular intervals of time when the rice cooked partially add milk, cardamom powder.
- Cook it until the rice becomes soft now add grated jaggery stir it continuously until jaggery melted.
- Now switch off the flame serve it by garnishing with fried cashews and raisins.