Beerakaya palu kura | Ridgegourd Curry with Milk Recipe | Beerakaya kura | Ridgegourd Curry- steps to make easy beerakaya palu kura recipe. Here i am using ridgegourd and milk as main ingredients so all of us know the nutrients values. In beerakaya fiber content is high it helps for digestion and also helps to reduce cholesterol levels in our body, milk is rich in calcium levels so it helps to improve for bone strenght. Here iam using kobbari karam, pappula podi varieties for these podi recipes refer podi varieties in my blog. Here i prepare this beerakaya curry in andhra style and it is good while having chapati’s, white rice along with dollop of ghee.
It is very easy to prepare this ridgegourd curry recipe takes very less time to prepare this recipe and also requires very less ingredients to make this recipe. I prepare this recipe with easily available veggies in market and it is very delicious simple recipe, everyone can make this recipe even beginners also can also prepare this recipe.I prefer this recipe atleast once in a week because it is very nutritious food.
Salt to taste
Kobbari Karam podi or dry coconut red chilli powder-3 tsp
Pappula podi or -1 1/2 tsp
Oil-2 to 3 tbsp
Chana Dal-1 tsp
Urad dal-1 tsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds or jeera-1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves -required amount
- Initially take beerakaya, onions peel and make into pieces. Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a wide bottomed pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal, red chilies fry it till mustard seeds spluttered now add curry leaves mix it again.
- Later add chopped beerakaya, onions cook it until ridge gourd nad onions will be mushy.
- Now add milk, salt to taste again mix it cook until milk evaporates.
- Later add kobbari karam, pappula podi mix it well and then switch off the flame.
- Serve hot hot ridgegourd curry with milk or beerakaya palu kura along with rice.