Basundi is a sweet recipe that is mostly prepared in Karnataka, Maharastra, Gujarat. It is thickened milk with cardamom flavored along with finely chopped dry fruits…hmmm….. so tasty…..yummy….. can be prepare by using very few ingredients. In some areas in India by changing mildly in the preparation process and called rabri/ rabdi Here I am not using any saffron/ food color because of a natural look.
Basundhi is a milk-based dessert recipe that can be put as Nevada to the god at the festivals also in India.
- Firstly you can use full-fat milk then only it is very tasty.
- While boiling don’t forget you must stir continuously and also scratch the sides from the pan for avoid sticking to the pan.
- Basundi can be cooked either low or medium flame only otherwise it may be spoiled.
You must follow what steps I mentioned here then you will prepare very good sweet basundhi. Everyone must try this recipe and tell me your opinion as comments.
Ingredients for Basundi:-
- Full fat Milk- 1 Lit
- Almonds- 10
- Pistachios- 20
- Cardamom Powder- 1/4 tsp
- Saffron (optional)
- Sugar- 50 to 75 gms
Steps to Prepare Basundhi Recipe:-
- Take a thick wide bottomed pan to add milk in it.
- Meanwhile, while the milk is boiling, we have to cut almonds, cashews, pistachios should be cut thinly
- When the milk is rolling boiling we cook it on medium flame. Stir continuously with a spatula to avoid milk from sticking to the pan. Boil well until a quarter of milk is reduced.
- Now add saffron, cardamom powder into the milk for getting good color. But here I am not using any saffron/ food color.
- Add finely chopped dry fruits into it, cook it on medium flame by stirring continuously until half of the milk is reduced.
- Later add sugar keep stirring for 5 min on low flame.
- Switch off the flame keep it in the fridge for 2 hours and now Basundi is ready to serve by garnishing with dry fruits.